We are looking for qualified maintenance workers to join our dedicated team.
Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining school building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
• Receives orders from Director of Operations and Maintenance Supervisor.
• Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
• Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
• Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
• Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
• Performs touch up and finish painting.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms..
• Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
• Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms.
• Assists in shipping and receiving of library supplies and materials.
• Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
• Participates in building coverage by working evenings and Saturday rotation as required.
• The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
• Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
• Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/D/V
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
Unfortunately due to the number of submissions, Magen David Yeshivah will only respond to candidates under consideration for an interview or job offer.
About Magen David Yeshivah Celia Esses High School
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. We are committed to ensuring that each student receives a comprehensive dual-curriculum education, rooted in Sephardic tradition, and emphasizing academic excellence, creativity and intellectual curiosity.