Business Management, Communications/PR, Development/Fund Raising
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School (www.bernardzell.org) is an independent Jewish day school forthe 21st century where academic purpose, collaborative learning, and deep commitment to humanitydevelop engaged, confident learners and compassionate leaders for a stronger, more vibrant community and world. A pluralistic community day school, Bernard Zell welcomes students and families of varied religious beliefs and observance. The school combines Jewish learning and tradition with the best of innovative educational practice in a challenging and nurturing learning environment.
General Statement The Advancement Assistant is responsible for all administrative aspects of advancement department activities. The position plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Office and Admissions Office and participates in all Advancement programs. This position provides a great foundation for many career opportunities within the non-profit sector, especially fundraising, admissions and advancement. The ideal candidate is a high energy, selfmotivated extrovert with a positive attitude and desire to connect with various community constituencies. This position will be approximately 40 hours per week, with some evenings/Sundays required.
Primary Job Responsibilities DATA ENTRY AND DONATION PROCESSING • Supports the Development and Campaign Manager in processing donations and entering gifts into Raiser’s Edge. • Supports the Development and Campaign Manager in process online transactions (donations, event registrations, tribute gifts) from online giving systems. • Prepare and run Raiser’s Edge gift and batch reports.
• Answer phone and email inquiries regarding donations. • Serve as the face of the Advancement office by greeting and interacting with visitors regularly. • Manage donation acknowledgement process. Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence within 48 hours of donation. • Process all tribute/memorial donations and mail appropriate notifications. • Ensure monthly payments are processed and recorded.
ADMISSIONS OFFICE ASSISTANT • Schedule all Admissions tours, parent meetings and student classroom observations. • Respond to phone and email inquiries regarding admissions and enrollment. • Support the preparation of marketing materials for prospective parents and recruitment events. • Process applications and distribute paperwork to appropriate parties.
MAILINGS & MAIL LIST MAINTENANCE • Create and update basic spreadsheets from Raiser’s Edge for mailings. • Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other department mailings; ensure mailings are distributed on time. • Oversee and maintain integrity of email lists for broadcast emails. • Coordinate production and mailing of fall, spring and year-end appeal letters, other development mailings and all admissions mailings.
• Manage room reservations and food requests for meetings and events for admissions and development. • Prepare event materials as needed and manage event follow-up. • Attendance at events is required and may require evening/overnight or weekend work. • Serve as an ambassador for the school and ensure that all attendees feel welcomed and supported.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
• Maintain supplies of all materials and stationery. • Maintain organization of office and storage areas. Maintain cleanliness and presentation of Advancement office common areas. • Assist with meeting invitations and other event notifications for programs managed by the Advancement Department. • Create and distribute biweekly e-newsletter for parent community (reporting to Director of Marketing) • Assist with mailings, phone inquiries, and other clerical duties as designated by project managers. • Assist with general clerical support for the department.
Work Conditions, Benefits, etc
• Full-time employee benefits include employer-subsidized medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 403B retirement plan, parking or public transportation, daily lunch and breakfast; as well as optional vision insurance; professional development opportunities • Sick, personal and vacation days subject to length of tenure
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field. • A minimum of 2-3 years experience in an administrative position, preferably in a non-profit development office. • Excellent verbal and written communications skills. • Ability to organize and prioritize work. • Ability to work independently with little supervision. • Excellent interpersonal skills. • Superior computer skills. Knowledge & experience with CRM, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Crystal Reports. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience. • Self starter and internally motivated • Must be available to work a varied schedule of Sunday-Thursday and Monday-Friday • Extremely detail oriented with a strong attention to follow through
Additional Salary Information: Salary will commensurate with experience.
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School (www.bernardzell.org) is an independent Jewish day school for the 21st century where academic purpose, collaborative learning, and deep commitment to humanity develop engaged, confident learners and compassionate leaders for a stronger, more vibrant community and world. A pluralistic community day school, Bernard Zell welcomes students and families of varied reli...gious beliefs and observance. The school combines Jewish learning and tradition with the best of innovative educational practice in a challenging and nurturing learning environment.