Classroom responsibilities for this full-time school year position include teaching courses in high school math courses through pre-calculus. The faculty member will work closely with colleagues in the department and should have experience working with struggling students and with international students. This faculty member will work with the 9th Grade Academy Program, which requires frequent communication with parents, counselors, and other teachers, scheduling interventions for students, and attending regular Academy meetings. Candidates should be comfortable using iPads, interactive whiteboards, and other instructional technology. Responsibilities include teaching six instructional courses and proctoring a study hall.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to teach at an independent residential school. Candidates willing to live in a residential setting and assist with residential life duties may receive priority consideration. MCI will provide on-campus housing in our residence halls and meals in our dining hall. Each faculty member is expected to contribute to the co-curricular environment at MCI. This position has a training start date of August 17, 2016.
MCI pledges to provide a rigorous, comprehensive educational program to a multicultural student body with a wide range of abilities and interests. In a safe and caring atmosphere, students will acquire knowledge, self-esteem, social responsibility, and the critical thinking and communication skills necessary for global citizenship and lifelong learning. - MCI's Mission Statement
MCI is loca...ted in a rural, picturesque region of central Maine in the town of Pittsfield, appreciated for being a safe, family-oriented community. It is located within 30 minutes of Waterville and Bangor, and 90 minutes from Portland, conveniently accessible by Interstate 95. MCI serves a multicultural population of 130+ residential students representing many different states and several foreign countries. The school also serves 350+ day students from the towns of Burnham, Detroit, Pittsfield and other surrounding communities. The progressive educational program serves a wide range of abilities and interests.
* MCI, founded in 1866, has a rich educational tradition
* we offer a comprehensive educational program serving students in grades 9-12, PG with a wide range of abilities and interests
* we provide a safe, caring, supportive atmosphere
* we are proud of our diverse student body
* we offer extensive choices for athletic, extracurricular and academic enrichment opportunities
* Maine Central Institute provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.