Island Pacific Academy is currently accepting resumes for a Secondary math teacher, grades 9-12, beginning August 2017. The ideal candidate will have secondary teaching experience, be fully supportive of the school’s mission and expected to be an active participant on her/his team and the greater life of the school. Responsibilities include creating a dynamic learning environment, effective planning and providing quality feedback for further learning. Beyond classroom instruction, teachers regularly conference with students, parents and colleagues and are in involved in all aspects of school life. Other attributes of an ideal candidate include possessing a sound educational philosophy of how adolescents learn best, experience providing differentiated instruction based on students’ needs, effective communication skills, and flexibility to work well within teams and other colleagues.
Candidate qualifications include:
- At least a BA or equivalent in Math education.
- At least two years teaching experience.
- Knowledge of advanced math topics such as Trigonometry, Statistics and Calculus is required
- - A willingness to be an active and participating member of an innovative and caring group of professional educators.
- In addition to strong written and oral communication skills, candidates should be comfortable using technology in his/her teaching, grading, and school-related communications.
Candidates with knowledge of the IB Diploma (DP), IB Middle Years (MYP), or Advanced Placement (AP) would beneficial.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume with references to Secondary Principal, Ms. Kip Cummings. email@example.com