Bishop O’Dowd High School, a Catholic college preparatory school in the Bay Area, is seeking a qualified full-time professional to manage all aspects of its fundraising database: Raiser’s Edge (specialized business donor tracking database and software). The Development Services Manager is a key leader in the organizational efforts behind Annual Giving, Capital Campaigns and Alumni Engagement operations. The Manager is responsible for the data, research, and systems that support all Development and fundraising efforts. The Manager will work collaboratively with the Office of Development and will manage the Database Coordinator.
- Oversee overall management of Raiser’s Edge including data entry, data output, maintenance and training.
- Build best practice procedures around integrated use of data management, payment and research tools, such as Raiser’s Edge, WealthEngine, Omatic, and back-end payment processing.
- Partner with Capital Campaign Director and gift officers on development and management of prospect identification, research, moves management tracking and reporting.
- Manage gift processing, pledge reminders and gift acknowledgement.
- Produce monthly gift reports, campaign reports, pledge status reports, and other reports or lists as needed to document the flow of philanthropic income to the school.
- Produce targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc., for Development projects.
- Provide support for comprehensive campaign including tracking next steps, pledge commitments, solicitation strategy management and reporting.
- Partner with the Business Office to reconcile all philanthropic giving with the school’s general ledger.
- Serve as a strategic partner on departmental projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, allowing effective collaboration with colleagues and constituents.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to build efficient and effective systems.
- Exceptional office management/organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines and also multi-task effectively with a superior level of attention to detail.
- Excellent phone, email and in-person etiquette in dealing with constituents and donors to the school.
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential matters.
- Experience in drafting letters to constituents.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
- Experience with fundraising databases, with preference given to candidates with experience using Raiser’s Edge.
- An intermediate level general office technology skill set, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, is required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. ? Ability to work some evening and weekends for development and school events is required.
- Relevant experience in an independent or private school, college, or non-profit setting preferred.
Founded in 1951, Bishop O'Dowd High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school serving 1,200 diverse students in grades 9-12 who come from all parts of the East Bay and beyond. Informed by Catholic values, the mission of O'Dowd is to educate and inspire its students to build a more just, joyful, and sustainable world. For more information, visit the school's website at www.bishopodowd.org.