St. Paul's School is seeking an energetic and innovative team player to join our Alumni Giving and Relations team. This position contributes directly to the annual fundraising successes of St. Paul's School and requires a collaborative style and energy to bring a fresh perspective to our work.
The Alumni Giving & Relations Officer leads all aspects of annual fundraising and alumni relations for their assigned forms. This includes volunteer management, event management, solicitation, and donor relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned at any time at the discretion of the employee’s supervisor:
• Recruit, manage, train, support, and recognize alumni fundraising volunteers.
• Create and implement solicitation strategies and communications for participation using direct mail, phone, electronic, fundraising volunteers, and in-person solicitations.
• Establish and achieve form fundraising and participation goals in conjunction with alumni fundraising volunteers.
• Provide information and assistance to alumni fundraising volunteers in support of their solicitations and other assignments. Follow up with alumni fundraising volunteers to ensure completion of assigned responsibilities.
• Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions from alumni donors while effectively retaining existing alumni donors.
• Prepare statistical and management reports as needed to monitor and expand fundraising results.
• Use research, volunteer input, and Leadership Gift Officers input as appropriate to create and implement solicitation strategies for Alumni Fund leadership donors.
• Provide timely and effective stewardship to Alumni donors, working collaboratively with Director of Stewardship.
• Manage pledge collection efforts seeking maximum fulfillment of Alumni Fund pledges.
• In coordination with the Alumni Association Executive Director, recruit, manage, train, support, and recognize Form Directors and Alumni Association Executive Committee members.
• Maintain frequent contact with Form Directors through visits, correspondence, and telephone. Encourage Form Director event attendance, especially Anniversary and Alumni Volunteer Weekend.
• Work collaboratively with Advancement Services staff to ensure correct alumni demographic and geographic data.
• Develop and implement short and long range plans, goals, and objectives to create and maintain strong relations between alumni and St. Paul’s School.
• Create and implement effective programs for form activities and form events including reunions, working collaboratively with Advancement Engagement staff.
• Lead Form Directors to increase cohesion within their form through their outreach and communications.
• Attend to individual alumni requests and communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree (liberal arts or business focus preferred)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant role
• Strong command of fundraising principles and familiarity with the objectives of annual fundraising and alumni relations
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Outgoing and positive personality, strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative working style
• Organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a team member
• Ability and willingness to travel at least one week per fundraising month (September through June) and work weekends and evenings
• Basic computer skills and experience with word processing, spreadsheet software, and online applications
Founded in 1856 and affiliated with the Episcopal Church, St. Paul’s School is a co-educational college preparatory high school located in Concord, N.H. The 2,000-acre grounds are home to approximately 535 young men and women from 37 states and 18 countries. All students and the nearly 100 full-time faculty members live on the grounds. The School is accredited by the New England Association of Sch...ools and Colleges as well as other nationally recognized agencies. In addition to its regular program for grades nine through twelve, St. Paul’s also offers the Advanced Studies Program each summer for academically talented New Hampshire high school juniors.