Director of Development
All Saints Academy – Winter Haven, FL
The Director of Development reports to the Associate Head of School for Institutional
Advancement and works closely with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees to provide
leadership for the Development program as it builds a transformational culture of philanthropy
and stewardship throughout the school and global community that funds and solidifies the future
impact of All Saints Academy.
• Identify, research, and spearhead the implementation of a diverse and multifaceted
fundraising program to support the school’s strategic vision, cultivating a culture of
investment, giving and gratitude across all constituencies and socio-economic strata.
• Establish and execute development and strategic programs that optimally grow the annual
fund, execute effective capital campaigns; increase legacy gifts; and further planned
giving in order to expand the transformative impact of All Saints Academy’s innovative
and effective educational experience.
• Plan and execute special events for All Saints Academy, including but not limited to
annual appreciation events for volunteers, faculty, and donors; special cultivation events
for current and prospective partners; milestone celebrations.
• Collaborate with the admissions office on PR initiatives and the marketing and
communications office to create/produce fund raising-related communication materials to
expand and enhance the school’s visibility and reputation.
• Identify and solicit corporate and foundation funding opportunities and help draft grant
• Develop authentic relationships with and personally solicit major donors.
• Enhance existing relationships while building new relationships, systems, and programs
that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community.
• Work with Director of Alumni Affairs to build relationships with the school’s alumni and
develop alumni programming.
• Maintain a database of all contributors and provide development reports as required.
• Work with Associate Head of School for Institutional Advancement and Executive
Assistant to the Head of School to coordinate parent association development, foster
volunteer activities, creating a network of advocates for the school.
• Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the Head of School, the
Board Chair, and individual Trustees, supporting them in all their fundraising
responsibilities, and accompanying them on donor visits when appropriate.
• Serve as a community liaison for All Saints’ development interests.
• Masters Degree
• 10+ years of experience in organizational development, fundraising and the nonprofit sector
• Education experience preferred
• Proven success in directly soliciting charitable gifts
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with the school’s constituents while
maintaining strict confidentiality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strategic thinker with a “can-do” style
• Passionate about working with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Outstanding knowledge of fundraising data software and database management software
• Experience working with and motivating volunteers and staff members
• Willingness to embrace additional professional opportunities and projects