Collingwood is Canada’s largest co-educational day school with 1,250 students from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. The school is situated in beautiful West Vancouver on two campuses: Wentworth (JK-7) and Morven (8-12). Collingwood School is a vibrant and student centered learning community that celebrates and supports a four stranded education focused on Academics, Athletics, Arts and Service.
The Director of Service will be responsible for building and leading a meaningful, robust, and transformative service program for our JK-12 school community that positively impacts everyone involved.This role oversees everyone involved with any service learning program or activity.
To build the best service program in Canada in a way that is consistent with Collingwood’s mission.
• Significant teaching experience
• A distinct educational philosophy
• A Masters or PhD is preferred
• Trustworthy, kind, and decisive
• Able to create vision and also embrace the minutiae
• Takes the initiative
• A problem solver
• Anticipate issues, opportunities, and challenges
• Loves a good debate
• Is skilled at planning, leading, and inspiring
• Is excited about thinking outside of the box
• Is patient but also works with a sense of healthy urgency
Our "Must Haves"
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Actively live and breathe the school culture and lifestyle
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal-oriented)