Gerstell Academy is seeking a full-time Associate Director of College Guidance. The Associate will work with the Director of College Guidance and is expected to know, understand, model, and incorporate the Gerstell Academy Value System and Leadership Model into all aspects of the College Guidance program.
The job description includes but is not limited to the following:
• Assist the Director in initiating and sustaining college contacts through campus visits, meetings with representatives, as well as completing and reviewing letters of recommendation for each student of the graduating class.
• Coordinate registration of students in concurrent-enrollment college courses and online high school courses. Maintain all records (enrollment, grades, payment) and serve as proctor for online tests.
• Meet with families and/or parents about their student’s college admission process.
• Update and maintain college communication bulletin board.
• Maintain a list of local and national scholarships that will serve as a resource to the students and parents of Gerstell Academy.
• Update student files and provide training on the online college admission software program database - Naviance.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of College Guidance, the Head of Upper School and the President.
• Maintain a high level of verbal, written, and electronic communication with teachers, students and parents.
• Attend all College Guidance Student-Parent Forums and support the Director of College Guidance during those events. Be prepared to present at College Guidance Student-Parent Forums in the absence of the Director of College Guidance.
• Assist with the standardized testing process for grades 9-12.
Be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point, and The Education Edge (school administrative software).
Be proficient in Naviance software program.
Bachelor's degree and previous experience preferred.