The Director of Middle School is a full-time, twelve month position responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and guidance to all middle school faculty, students, and families. The middle school director sets the tone for the entire division, understands all constituencies, and reports directly to the Head of School.
Essential functions include the following.
Serve as the primary leader of the middle school while modeling school values and supporting its mission and vision.
Create a school climate that is safe, secure, and responsive to the needs of the middle school adolescent.
Support, advise, and serve as a resource for middle school faculty and staff.
Assess the staffing needs and monitor the hiring process for faculty and staff in the middle school.
Conduct observations of teaching faculty and oversee evaluations, following the NAIS Principles of Good Practice for Teachers and Supervisors of Teachers.
Collaborate with school leaders to ensure appropriate curricular decisions are executed throughout disciplines.
Monitor and ensure compliance with all budgets related to middle school activities.
Review and approve all student grade reports and comments prior to publication.
Ensure effective and timely communications amongst and between middle school faculty, students, and parents.
Oversee the middle school schedule.
Collaborate with the admissions staff by providing insight and recommendations on prospective candidates.
Review standardized test scores to ensure necessary intervention and follow up.
Attend middle school athletic, fine arts, and social activities.
Attend all team meetings (usually by grade level), middle school student strategy meetings, and school leadership meetings.
Maintain ongoing and responsive professional development opportunities for faculty.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and ca...ring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Ignite curiosity. Instill compassion. Inspire courage.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness
Park Tudor at a Glance:
• 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
• 100% college placement rate; 98% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
• More than $3.2 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
• Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
• Indy’s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
• Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
• 27% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
• 16 Upper School and 15 Middle School sports offered
• 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
• International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
• Commitment to Community-Engaged Learning
• Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
• Focused liberal arts program with dynamic world language and fine arts programs at every grade level
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Extensive professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.