Position Summary: The Library Aide ensures smooth and efficient operation of the library by performing daily tasks as well as long term projects that support the Upper School Librarian, responding to patron needs and otherwise ensuring the growth of the library.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, current MLIS students preferred
- Previous relevant experience in an educational or library setting
- Previous experience with and a strong desire to work with teenagers
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, initiates and completes administrative activities related to the operation of the school’s library
- Receives and processes new library materials
- Assists in the circulation and inventory of library materials
- Assists students and teachers in the full use of library services
- Supervises students in the library
- Aids in the planning and implementation of library programming
- Assists in the creation of library displays and promotional materials
- Shelves books and other library materials
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently under varying deadlines
- Exercises tact, good judgment and initiative when interacting with students, faculty, and parents
- Skill in navigating databases and other edtech resources
- Confident with computer, printer and projection issues
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Works efficiently under minimum supervision
Interested candidates should apply online by submitting a letter of interest and resume to www.latinschool.org/employment. Latin School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an equal opportunity employer. No telephone inquiries, please.
Since 1888, Latin has been committed to academic excellence in an environment that creates a life-long love of learning and supports students as they pursue their passions. Our school is home to students from throughout the city and suburbs and we value the variety of experiences that they bring to our learning environment. “Of Chicago” is more than a part of our school’s name – those words help to define the school itself.