Quest Academy seeks an innovative, student-centered, self-motivated, tech savvy Extended Day Director to lead and grow our after school program.
The Extended Day Program Director (EDP) reports to the Head of School and is responsible for the development, coordination, public relations, and human resource functions of the auxiliary programs including extended day and after school enrichment. The EDP is a part-time position on all in-session school days with required availability for longer or more flexible hours on non-school days (inservice, parent-teacher conference days etc).
The Extended Day Program Director will:
• Assess, enhance, and where appropriate, expand program offerings aligned with the Academy’s mission and meeting the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of children.
• Have primary responsibility for the development, coordination, scheduling, hiring, and contracting for all academic year after school enrichment and extended day programs.
• Plan and coordinate program communication and marketing including publishing and advertising of program brochures, schedules, electronic and/or other communications as appropriate.
• Coordinate and organize the registration and payment process for all programs.
• Develop and manage all program budgets.
• Plan and manage programs to ensure a clean, organized, and safe environment as well as an enriching and enjoyable experience for Quest students.
• Provide supervision, activities, and guidance appropriate to students age and development.
• Ensure program materials and activities respect and reflect the social and cultural diversity of our students.
• Embrace and respect the social and cultural diversity of Quest families.
• Accurately track student attendance both for safety and billing purposes.
• Ensure that all program staff are trained in and adhere to all Quest health and safety policies.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Head of School.
It is the responsibility of all Quest employees to:
• Understand and support Quest's mission and philosophy and to promote a positive image of the school.
• Contribute to a harmonious school atmosphere by working cooperatively with all colleagues.
• Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to students, colleagues and the operations of the school.
• Refrain from establishing close relationships with colleagues, students, parents or trustees that would compromise professional integrity.
• Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality.
• Display flexibility in responding to new situations and expectations, a positive attitude and a helpful, nonjudgmental demeanor.
• Show willingness to consider and implement suggestions for improvement.
• Model the good character traits that Quest students are expected to embody.
• Bachelor’s degree with 12 months experience working with children.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with all forms of electronic communication and ability to prepare Excel and Word documents for reporting.
• Maintain up to date First Aid and CPR certification.
• Preference to candidates with prior similar program experience.
Quest Academy serves gifted students from Preschool through Eighth Grade in Palatine, IL (northwest suburbs of Chicago). Quest Academy provides gifted children with a challenging curriculum and a nurturing environment. Our program emphasizes sound character along with scholarship and creativity in both the academics and the arts. The Quest community values the individuality of each child and encou...rages each to strive for personal excellence.
Our instruction is guided by “big ideas,” or enduring understandings, that encourage students to engage with the fundamental concepts that lie at the core of every discipline. The enduring understandings also serve to anchor the more quantifiable learning skills, making these far more meaningful, effective, and durable.