Seeking highly organized, self-starter with strong background in Agriculture and natural resources to take care of school farming and livestock operations and collaborate with teachers in a highly project-based school. While farming is not certified organic, we seek someone with an understanding of sustainability and low-impact agriculture. Current farming operation on campus includes an aquaponics system, raised bed vegetables and row crop style vegetable farming, ornamental horticulture, and tropical fruit trees. We have a large plant propagation house for nursery operations. Livestock includes laying hens, goats, and sheep.
A significant portion of this position will require actual field work and farming, not just teaching. Ability to operate farm equipment such as tractors, and hand tools is required.
Minimum high school degree and community college coursework in agricultural sciences, BA in appropriate agricultural science preferred. Significant hands-on experience in crop production and livestock management preferred. This is a position requiring hands-on farm work as well as teaching students in the context of actual farming tasks.
Additional Salary Information: Salary includes housing as a non-taxable benefit. Meals are also provided when school is in session and foodservice is being operated for boarding students.
Asia Pacific International School is a K-12 private, non-profit college preparatory school fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
• A highly distinguished teaching staff recruited from the finest universities in North America and the world. Our teachers’ expertise and passion for teaching are the main reasons why our students achieve excellence....
• An intimate, family-like learning environment with a 10:1 student to teacher ratio.
• An inclusive community where children of all faiths can be nurtured together to achieve the highest level of intellectual and personal development.
• A resource rich learning environment with a commitment to exceptional technology which includes high-speed wireless access and Smartboards in every classroom.
APIS’ Mission and Curriculum Emphases
The APIS Mission Statement:
APIS strives to educate its students, in a loving and caring Christian environment, to become globally enlightened citizens, who are able to bridge the gap between the East and the West and are ready to welcome the exciting challenges of the new Pacific Century.
Core-emphases APIS Education:
1. Area Emphasis on building “East Asian Competencies”
APIS offers a rigorous curriculum with an emphasis to develop understanding and empathy with the East Asian culture and society. Our foreign language instruction, for example, focuses on three East Asian languages: Chinese, Japanese and Korean. While English is the main language of instruction, the intent of our curriculum is to allow our students to acquire proficiencies in at least two East Asian languages.
2. Curricular Emphasis on Science, Math and Computer Education
Technology is the main driver of economic as well as social changes in this era of globalization. In our state-of-the-art classrooms, computer and science labs, we take advantage of our superb IT-infrastructure in every possible aspect of the learning experience to provide an innovative and up-to-date education in science, math and computers.
3. Co-Curricular Emphasis on Visual and Performing Arts Program
APIS is committed to providing an extensive visual and performing Arts Program. In order to help our students explore their talents and develop them further, we have, for example, dedicated music rooms and practice studios and offer a wide rage of instrumental music instructions by a truly exceptional group of faculty members.
4. Spiritual Emphasis: A Loving and Caring Educational Environment Rooted in the Christian Faith
With its foundation deeply rooted in the Christian faith, APIS strives to provide a truly loving and caring environment where students of Christian faith and students from all religious and cultural background can be nurtured together to achieve their fullest intellectual and personal development.