Laptop/iPad Technician and Customer Service Counter Representative
The Galloway School
December 11, 2017
40000.00 - 60000.00
Full Time - Faculty
Under the supervision of the Network Administrator, this position will manage the day-to-day logistics of the school’s fleet of 1200 Macbooks and 200 iPads. Located in our “Genius Bar,” this position will provide a customer-centric retail-like experience for the school’s users by offering general troubleshooting, software help, and issuing loaner devices.
· From 7:30am to 4:00pm, this position will operate the school’s “Genius Bar,” a customer service counter where students and teachers come for help with their mobile devices.
· Promote a sense of collaboration and community by providing stellar customer service and a welcoming, supportive environment for users.
· Facilitate mass deployment of new devices as the school grows its 1:1 deployment.
· Diagnose and fix software problems with Apple MacBooks and iPads, providing face-to-face support for users as needed.
· Issue loaner devices, package up broken devices to be sent to offsite repair depots, track repairs, return the repaired devices to users, and reclaim loaners; keeping strict records throughout the entire process.
· Use the school’s mobile device management platforms (the Casper Suite), to image, deploy, configure, update and remotely troubleshoot MacBooks and iPads.
· Maintain the mobile device loaner pools, using multiple systems, including Track-IT inventory, & Casper inventory.
· Communicate with customers often and well, keeping them informed of the status of their support issues and helping them reach the solutions that make the most sense for their classroom, learning, etc.
· Provide user login assistance by resetting passwords and troubleshooting login issues with several systems and databases.
· Build, test, and distribute images, configuration profiles, and apps using tools like Composer, Apple Configurator, AutoDMG, etc.
· Document and summarize repair costs for budgeting and billing
· Serve as backup for campus support
Bachelors or Associates degree in computer technology or a related technical field
3 years experience in information technology support
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Advanced troubleshooting skills with Macintosh OS X and iOS.
Working knowledge of mobile device management platforms (e.g. Casper, AirWatch, Meraki)
Familiarity with Papercut, Lightspeed, or similar products
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
Ability to multitask in a busy, social epicenter, with above average distractions and noise levels.
Strong communication and customer service skills
· General office and classroom conditions
· Lifting, standing
· Fine motor manipulation of very small parts
Additional Salary Information: Salary will be negotiated based on experience