Collingwood School is a JK-Grade 12 coeducational, independent day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. We are hiring a school psychologist to join our student services team. This is a part time consultant position reporting to Dean of Student Life and Leadership.
Salary will be commensurate with related training and experience, and in line with published ISABC and CAIS salary levels. Collingwood School values and honours differences in all forms; diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Collingwood School is looking for a trained psychologist who will act as a consultant to our School Based Student Support Team.
This role involves attending our weekly “Red Flag” meetings and spending time with our student support team and selected students following the meeting – up to 5 hours a week on site. In addition to the time spent on site, this individual should be available on an ‘as needed’ basis for additional consulting with a variety of stakeholders – teachers, students, families, and school administrators.
Reporting directly to the Dean of Student Life and Leadership, the school psychologist is responsible for:
• Acting as a member of our Student Support team and attending weekly “Red Flag” meetings
• Providing support to our counselors with student assessments, crisis response, and consultation
• Providing support to our administrative team when making decisions effecting school – wide practices and policies
• Serve as a resource to students and faculty and families (on a consultant basis)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
• Experience with individual and group counseling for children ages 6 – 18 with an emphasis on anxiety, depression and other relevant school concerns
• Experience in a school setting
• Qualified to interpret (being able to administer is ideal) Educational Physiological Testing
• Understand and apply federal, provincial, and school policies and regulations in the delivery of school psychological services
• Demonstrate knowledge and leadership when assisting in the development of school policy that impacts the students (learning, safety and general well being)
OUR "MUST HAVES":
• Master’s degree in School/Educational Psychology, or related fields with aa a focus on adolescence
• Possesses or eligible for membership in the B.C. Association of Psychologists
• Fervent commitment to the success for all students
• Demonstrates the ability to conduct and report on relevant psycho-educational, social/emotional and behavioral assessments
• Proactive approach to addressing issues with sensitivity and sophistication
• Able to manage confidential and sensitive information with professional discretion
• Thorough knowledge of academic, learning, behavior, mental-health interventions
• Capacity to nurture strong and trusting relationships with students, staff and families
• Empathy, excellent listener and capacity to disarm difficult situations
• Identify at risk students and school vulnerabilities
• Confidence to engage collaboratively and proactively with teaching faculty and staff
• A positive, confident, can-do attitude along with a great sense of humour
Please submit via email-only a one-page cover letter, a one-page CV, and the contact details of two professional referees by January 15th to email@example.com with the words School Psychologist in your Subject Line. We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview.
70 MORVEN DRIVE, WEST VANCOUVER, BC V7S 1B2 | 604.925.3331| COLLINGWOOD.ORG