Collingwood is Canada’s largest co-educational day school with 1,250 students from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. The school is situated in beautiful West Vancouver on two campuses, Wentworth (JK-7) and Morven (8-12). Collingwood School is a vibrant and student-centered learning community that celebrates and supports a four- stranded education, focusing on Academics, Athletics, Arts and Service.
The School is seeking an experienced Grade 6/7 Special Education (Key) teacher to fill a one year maternity leave, starting in early 2018.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• have knowledge of differentiated learning approaches to teaching with an emphasis on critical thinking skills.
• be experienced in working with diverse learners at the grade 6-7 level specifically in differentiation of curriculum and assessment.
• be experienced in providing small group learning supports that are highly individualized, as well as supporting student learning in an integrated diverse class.
• be experienced in effectively implementing Individual Education Plans.
• have knowledge in inquiry based learning and a strong understanding of assessment
• have the ability to work well in a team - sharing resources and ideas
• be proficient with iPad and Macbooktechnology, Google Classroom, and educational applications as supports for learning
• consistent and regular communication with our families
• have knowledge of the new BC curriculum and Core Competencies
The following assets are also desirable:
• experience with or knowledge of Reading Power, Writing Powerand Literature circles
• excellent interpersonal skills including a positive and proactive approach
• excellent organization and communication skills
• a passion for ongoing learning and professional development
• flexibility, accountability, and integrity
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the co-curricular life of the school. Potential candidates must be a member, or be in the process of becoming a member, of the British Columbia College of Teachers.
Letters of application, accompanied by a resume, and the names of two referees, should be submitted by January 30th, 2018. Only successful candidates will be notified.