Sayre School is currently accepting applications for a dedicated, student-centered educator to serve as the School Counselor.
The School Counselor works with students, parents, and faculty in all divisions, PK-12. Responsibilities include student education and counseling, parent and teacher education and training, parent and teacher consultation regarding students (which may involve observations), and referral to resources in the community as needed. The Counselor serves as an advocate for students in their academic, social, personal, and emotional development, and acts as a liaison between community agencies, families, students and staff.
The School Counselor collaborates with Division Heads and faculty to lead and facilitate community, character, and wellness programming campus-wide. Additional responsibilities include facilitating parent education programs, organizing and scheduling the Freedom From Chemical Dependency program, and supervising the CHAT program.
Sayre School emphasizes the development of the whole child. As a faculty and staff, we enjoy each other and a collegial working environment. This is a wonderful independent school and a great place to work.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Kristin Seymour, Middle School Head (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Master’s or Doctorate Degree in related mental health field (social work, educational psychology, psychology, etc.).
· State certification or licensure in counseling or other mental health profession.
· Ability to support and guide parents, faculty, and staff in identifying and prioritizing the best interests of the students.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to maintain accurate records and confidentiality as appropriate.
· Candidates with at least five years of school counseling experience would be preferred.
Established in 1854, Sayre School is an independent PS through 12th grade college preparatory co-educational school located in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. A second campus, comprising a 50-acre athletic complex and farm, is several miles outside of town.