The Institute for Collegiate and Career Studies is seeking a Director of Admissions. An integral member of the senior administrative team, the Director is the lead ambassador for the program and provides leadership and strategic direction on issues related to student recruitment, admissions, enrollment management, including retention, and financial aid. The Director of Admissions is responsible for the entire enrollment process, from inquiry through admission to assimilation into the school.
The ideal candidate understands the benefits of an independent school education and will articulate Maplebrook’s vision, mission in a compelling way. The Director shall be data driven with strong database skills and understand strategic enrollment management. This position reports to the Assistant Head of School for Postsecondary Studies.
· The Director will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the office that oversees that recruitment of mission appropriate students.
· Responsible for working with the entire program community to aid in the admissions and retention process.
· Provides leadership for the program’s admissions, marketing, and communications.
· Present the program to prospective students and parents, as well as consultants, agencies and other schools, both domestically and internationally.
· Manage efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents; interviews with candidates and their parent; securing of necessary student records; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
· Oversee the ICCS admission office, creation of the budget, and appropriate admissions and marketing materials, mailings and publications.
· Oversee the timely and cost-effective use of various media and other resources to communicate information about the program to internal and external constituents, including proactive and effective digital strategies and public relations.
· Advise and consult with the Assistant Head of School for Postsecondary Studies on all aspects of admissions and the program.
· Develop new initiatives to attract and retain qualified students.
· Evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the admissions and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students.
· Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment program and ensure the Assistant Head of School for Postsecondary Studies is regularly updated on enrollment issues.
· Represents the school at various gatherings to various groups including alumni, students and families.
· Remain informed of demographic trends and uses market research to identify new target markets, better penetrate existing markets, and inform strategic decision-making.
· Maintain an active presence on campus and participate fully in campus life.
Required knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree required; a master's degree preferred.
· Strong analytical and decision making skills.
· Commitment to being in and supporting a boarding school community.
· Track record of working successfully with a variety of constituents, including parents, students, referral professionals and faculty and staff.
· Experience successfully training, managing, and mentoring a motivated staff.
· Experience in marketing and communications (including social media, online marketing, community marketing and events).
· Experience using financial aid in optimizing enrollment attracting the range of students necessary to enhance the school community.
· Work history that includes speaking publicly on behalf of an organization to large audiences and in intimate settings.
· Ability to travel, both domestically on behalf of the program.
· Must be a team player and possess superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills, high energy, flexibility, warmth, and a sense of humor.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately. Salary range: $35K-$45K, benefits and campus housing commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail to Maplebrook School, Attn: Human Resources, 5142 Route 22, Amenia, NY 12501.