St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities. The Assistant Principal for Mission and Identity seeks to ensure that the school community remains faithful to our evolving identity as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School (XBSS).
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of ministry and how it shapes the culture and climate of a school community, as well as a demonstrated ability to inspire teachers and administrators to embrace educating the whole person in order to meet the needs of diverse learners. Serving as a primary instructional leader the in school community, the Assistant Principal for Mission and Identity oversees professional learning and supervises teachers, serves on the Principal’s Leadership Team, and reports to the Principal/Associate Head of School.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, and benefactors in understanding and living the mission of St. John’s.
• Working with members of the school community to understand the Xaverian spiritual values, as well as the calls and goals of Xaverian education.
• Coordinating the Mission Effectiveness process.
• Overseeing Campus Ministry and Community Formation programs.
• Leading professional learning program/initiatives.
• Coordinating faculty hiring initiatives.
• Ensuring that programs for faculty and staff are centered on the Xaverian spiritual values, as well as the calls and goals of Xaverian education.
• Supervising teachers.
• Serving on the Academic Council, Professional Learning Committee, and Diversity Advisory Council.
• Collaborating with XBSS Sponsorship Office.
• Teaching one class in the Middle School or High School.
Qualifications and Skills:
? Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to build and facilitate a team approach based on collegial leadership.
? Demonstrated leadership and commitment to Catholic education; a practicing Catholic preferred.
? Knowledge of contemporary education issues, topics, and trends.
? Keen organizational, leadership and administrative skills.
? Master’s or doctorate degree in education or related field.
? Facility and high comfort level with advanced technology tools, including database programs, Microsoft Office and others.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, a written statement of your philosophy of mission-based leadership, and academic transcripts, to Tracii Schaeublin at email@example.com by February 9, 2018.
St. John’s Preparatory School is conveniently located just 15 miles northeast of Boston in Danvers, Massachusetts. We are a Xaverian Brothers sponsored school educating nearly 1,500 young men in grades 6 through 12 from more than 70 communities throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our rigorous academic and extensive co-curricular program encourages students to develop their spiritual, int...ellectual, moral, physical, and creative potential, and inspires them to honor the diversity that enriches both our school community and the world beyond St. John's.