St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities. In this new leadership position, the Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning serves as a primary instructional leader in the school community.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to inspire teachers and administrators to embrace imaginative and engaging pedagogical and assessment approaches in order to meet the needs of diverse learners. As a member of the Principal’s Leadership Team, and reporting to the Principal/Associate Head of School, the Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning will work with faculty and staff to continually improve instruction and assessment of and for learning within a 1:1 iPad environment.
The Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning will actively work to enhance and develop the mission of the school with responsibility for:
• Leading the 1:1 iPad program.
• Building the capacity of faculty within a 1:1 iPad environment and centered on the school’s Criteria for Effective Teaching.
• Collaborating with the Information Services Team on the educational technology needs of faculty, staff and students.
• Developing and implementing the teacher induction and supervision programs.
• Supervising teachers.
• Sharing research with faculty and staff on pedagogy, cultural competency/multicultural education, assessment of and for learning in order to cultivate an approach to classroom culture/management that promotes optimal student learning.
• Overseeing digital citizenship and digital learning initiatives.
• Overseeing and integrating the work of digital learning specialists, instructional coaches, and new teacher mentors
• Serving on the Academic Council, EdTech Committee, and Professional Learning Committee.
• Teaching one class in the Middle School or High School.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Expertise with digital learning tools, as well as topics and trends in digital citizenship and teaching in a 1:1 iPad environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to build and facilitate a team approach based on collegial leadership.
• Deep understanding of adult learners.
• Knowledge of contemporary education issues, topics and trends.
• Keen organizational, leadership and administrative skills.
• Master’s or doctorate degree in education or related field.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, a written statement of your philosophy of instructional leadership, and academic transcripts, to Tracii Schaeublin at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 9, 2018.
St. John’s Preparatory School is conveniently located just 15 miles northeast of Boston in Danvers, Massachusetts. We are a Xaverian Brothers sponsored school educating nearly 1,500 young men in grades 6 through 12 from more than 70 communities throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our rigorous academic and extensive co-curricular program encourages students to develop their spiritual, int...ellectual, moral, physical, and creative potential, and inspires them to honor the diversity that enriches both our school community and the world beyond St. John's.