St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities.
St. John’s Prep will open a new Center for Innovation and Design in September 2018. It is one of four Centers for Mission and Research that will be established at St. John’s by 2020. There will also be a Center for Justice and Peace, the Center for Environmental Sustainability, and the Center for Global Health and Wellness.
As a Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School, the St. John’s Prep Community is called to “read and respond to the signs of the times” (Fundamental Principles of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier). An essential part of educating the whole person in today’s world is cultivating the ability to integrate advances in technology and science with an appreciation of culture through the study of the humanities, including fine arts. Rooted in a commitment to a liberal arts education, the Center for Innovation and Design at St. John’s aims to unleash the creative process and entrepreneurial spirit within the Prep Community.
The Director of the Center for Innovation and Design is a ten-month position with an additional stipend to facilitate enrichment opportunities through summer programs on campus. Reporting to the Principal/Associate Head of School, the Director of the Center for Innovation and Design will:
• Facilitate academic research/capstone project opportunities for High School students, beginning in the 2019-2020 school year. Mentor students throughout the process of envisioning, creating, and presenting original work.
• Work with faculty and staff to integrate fine arts, computer science and entrepreneurship concepts into the grades 6-12 curricula.
• Explore strategic partnerships with institutions of higher education, fine and performing arts centers and mission compatible business/industry partners.
• Provide students in grades 8-12 with “real-world” opportunities to explore innovation and design.
• Connect alumni and other members of the larger community to the academic life of St. John’s as visiting experts, speakers and/or mentors.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to collaborate with other professionals to positively impact student learning.
• Creative and innovative vision for authentic learning experiences and student engagement.
• Deep understanding of the research process and project-based learning.
• Proven ability to build external partnerships.
• Keen organizational, leadership and administrative skills.
• Five years of teaching experience preferred.
• Master’s or doctorate degree in field related to the focus of the center.
• Facility and high comfort level with digital learning tools, database programs, Microsoft Office and others.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, and academic transcripts, to Tracii Schaeublin at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 9, 2018.
St. John’s Preparatory School is conveniently located just 15 miles northeast of Boston in Danvers, Massachusetts. We are a Xaverian Brothers sponsored school educating nearly 1,500 young men in grades 6 through 12 from more than 70 communities throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our rigorous academic and extensive co-curricular program encourages students to develop their spiritual, int...ellectual, moral, physical, and creative potential, and inspires them to honor the diversity that enriches both our school community and the world beyond St. John's.