Webb School of Knoxville seeks a dedicated educator to teach five English Department classes beginning in August, 2018. The successful candidate will:
· embrace an initiative-driven faculty culture focused on advancing Webb School's mission;
· possess an understanding of current teaching pedagogies and adolescent development;
· model flexibility in both implementing best learning practices and pursuing success for each student;
· demonstrate fluency with academic technology that advances learning for students and a willingness to integrate technology into classroom experiences;
· enjoy collaborating with colleagues within and across subject areas, and all aspects of school life;
· invest in the community and participate in the lives of our students outside of the classroom;
· convey patience and empathy with adolescents;
· have excellent communication skills;
· be self-reflective, able to work independently, and committed to professional growth; and
· possess a ready and willing sense of humor
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; a master’s degree is preferred. Strong preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to:
Matthew Macdonald Head of Upper School Webb School of Knoxville email@example.com
About Webb School of Knoxville
Webb School of Knoxville is a Pre-K through 12th Grade independent, coeducational day school in the greater Knoxville, Tennessee area. Established in 1955, its mission is to inspire and nurture the full potential of each individual and to prepare students to serve as leaders of character in tomorrow’s world. Please go to webbschool.org to learn more about Webb School of Knoxville.