Over the past 120 years New England Kurn Hattin Homes for Children has run traditional residential and educational programs designed to support children from struggling family environments to transform their futures into more successful and functional lives. Kurn Hattin enrolls about 100 children with 70 staff members that include four licensed counselors to support the children. Our recent completion of an ambitious strategic plan promotes a new vision of growth and development throughout the Northeast through increased visibility and an enhancement of services to meet the on-going needs of our children. As a fully charitable organization, Kurn Hattin has relied on its development efforts to provide for annual operational funds with a balanced budget and no debt.
The Mission of Kurn Hattin states that we "transform the lives of children and their families forever". The Director of Counseling should internalize this mission, understand the historical nature of the Homes, utilize the best practices of counseling services, and administer a comprehensive counseling program. The individual we are seeking will embody the highest standards of supervision and collaboration in an environment the provides an engaging, dynamic, and visionary approach to life for children. Primary work hours are during the day, but on-call responsibilities may extend into the evenings and weekends. The person we desire never lets the work day circumscribe imagining and doing what is best for the children. The Director of Counseling position is a twelve-month responsibility with a competitive salary, vacation time during the academic year, and a full benefits package.
Come work in beautiful Vermont with dedicated staff and children whose life situations provide profound opportunities for making transformational differences for them and their families.
* Serve as a professional leader who promotes and contributes to the quality of service delivery, the healthy development of children, and the positive functioning of staff
* Work closely with the directors of Health Services, Admissions, Educational Programs, and Residential Services to ensure coordination and quality of care
* Participate in planning and development of campus-wide programs, including social skills
* Participate in decisions regarding discharge of children
* Attend all administrative meetings, such as Student Support Team, Children's Services, and the Administrative Team
* Conduct admissions interviews with prospective families, evaluate and document their needs and appropriateness for admission
* Provide individual clinical and administrative supervision to counselors to oversee and ensure quality of all counseling services
* Provide supportive counseling, psychotherapy, and life skills education to a small caseload
* Communicate with families to provide consultation and parent education
* Provide timely and accurate completion of all associated paperwork including budgetary, daily notes, administrative reports, and discharge summaries
About New England Kurn Hattin Homes
Since 1894 Kurn Hattin Homes for Children has helped thousands of at-risk children and their families by offering a safe home and quality education in a nurturing environment. Its mission: Kurn Hattin transforms the lives of children and their families forever.