Upper Learning Science (Chemistry and Biology) Teacher
The Galloway School
February 13, 2018
45000.00 - 75000.00
Full Time - Faculty
In consultation with colleagues within the science department and other members of the Upper Learning team, the Upper Learning teacher is responsible for teaching a full load of science classes.
· Teach five sections of high school science classes within assigned subject area (which may include elective classes).
· Act as an advisor to assigned group of students.
· Design a differentiated and globally integrated curriculum which includes project based, student initiative driven units and labs, incorporates hands on learning and adventurous out of box thinking experiments with digital communication and content integration.
· Develop lesson plans that demonstrate a daring, deliberate and dynamic approach to the process of student discovery in the classroom.
· Assign related coursework and track student performance; evaluate programs and student progress (conferences, written evaluation, and written daily correspondence).
· Stay updated on current events and new discoveries in the field.
· Demonstrate an attitude of flexibility with regard to curriculum decisions in order to meet the instructional needs.
· Instruct and encourage individual students; establish goals for individualized students and small groups.
· Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
· Reflect on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals.
· Assume personal responsibility for student achievement.
· Participate in student extra-curricular activities, such as sponsorship of clubs, involvement in after-school student activities, chaperone student events.
· Participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
· Manage the class and ensure student engagement and discipline.
· Communicate with parents in an appropriate and timely manner.
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree preferred
Solid experience teaching in an Upper Learning setting
Teaching experience in subject area preferred
· Ability to work with a wide range of student abilities.
· Demonstrates a comfort with technology and able to integrate technology into classroom instruction.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills.
· Demonstrates capability to interact and maintain effective relationships with parents, administration and staff.
· Ability to cooperate successfully as a member of a team
Licenses and Certifications:
Georgia teaching certificate preferred
Lifting up to 20 pounds, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, operating computer and other office and classroom equipment
General classroom and office conditions
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiate based on experience and degree earned