DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Columbus School for Girls (CSG), a pre-k-12 independent day school in Columbus, Ohio educates and empowers girls to discover their distinct potential as learners and leaders. CSG’s bucolic 8-acre academic campus in the beautiful Bexley neighborhood is a ten-minute drive from downtown Columbus, a city bustling with the artistic, civic, and shopping experiences that belie the ease of lifestyle that the city affords its residents. Having just completed a strategic plan to guide the School’s direction over the next several years, CSG offers an exceptional, student-centered academic experience with strong offerings in the arts, an impressive athletic program, and a health and wellness curriculum that is unique in Central Ohio. This combination of academics and skills ensures that CSG students will be well prepared for life beyond CSG. The Head of School seeks a visionary, strategic marketing and communications professional who will embrace CSG’s mission, support the Head's vision, and further the strategic goals of the school.
The Director of Marketing and Communications works with the Head of School and administrative team to help define the goals and vision of Columbus School for Girls and is responsible for articulating and promoting the School’s goals, vision, and image to its various constituents. This position requires strategic and visionary thinking, marketing experience and expertise, and community leadership and engagement. This person has the leading role as marketing/communications collaborator and advisor, providing services to all divisions, departments, and personnel in the School.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBLITY
- Develop, manage and evaluate comprehensive integrated marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications program
- Direct and generate printed and electronic publications, newsletters, and marketing material
- Oversees digital initiatives including managing and evaluating the web site and direction of social media initiatives
- Direct and manage advertising and marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing and communications personnel and outside vendors
- Manage marketing and communications budget
- Serve as a member of the School’s Administrative Team
- Serve as a member of the Outreach committee of the Board of Trustees
- Act as liaison to the Parents’ Association in developing consistent talking points and collateral support documents
- Serve as a member of the School’s Emergency Response Team
- Supervises Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
- Serve as a spokesperson for the School if Head of School is unable to do so
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), and Web content management systems
- Knowledge of Senior Systems, and Finalsite preferred
- Understanding of independent school culture
- Proficiency in writing for print, web, and general public relations purposes oriented to a variety of interests and constituencies
- Comfort with multitasking
- Flexibility, responsiveness, and nimbleness
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in marketing or communications preferred
- Five years’ experience in marketing/communications
- Regular availability outside normal working hours is essential
CSG offers a competitive salary, benefits, and professional opportunities, and welcomes candidates who add to the racial, cultural, religious, and gender diversity of the school community. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position and a resume in a single Word or PDF document to Ms. Jane Rudicel, Lower School administrative assistant, Columbus School for Girls: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Director of Marketing and Communications” in the subject line. Please no telephone calls.
Columbus School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identify, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.