About Asia Pacific International School, Seoul Campus
Asia Pacific International School is a K-12 private, non-profit college preparatory school fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
• A highly distinguished teaching staff recruited from the finest universities in North America and the world. Our teachers’ expertise and passion for teaching are the main reasons why our students achieve excellence....
• An intimate, family-like learning environment with a 10:1 student to teacher ratio.
• An inclusive community where children of all faiths can be nurtured together to achieve the highest level of intellectual and personal development.
• A resource rich learning environment with a commitment to exceptional technology which includes high-speed wireless access and Smartboards in every classroom.
APIS’ Mission and Curriculum Emphases
The APIS Mission Statement:
APIS strives to educate its students, in a loving and caring Christian environment, to become globally enlightened citizens, who are able to bridge the gap between the East and the West and are ready to welcome the exciting challenges of the new Pacific Century.
Core-emphases APIS Education:
1. Area Emphasis on building “East Asian Competencies”
APIS offers a rigorous curriculum with an emphasis to develop understanding and empathy with the East Asian culture and society. Our foreign language instruction, for example, focuses on three East Asian languages: Chinese, Japanese and Korean. While English is the main language of instruction, the intent of our curriculum is to allow our students to acquire proficiencies in at least two East Asian languages.
2. Curricular Emphasis on Science, Math and Computer Education
Technology is the main driver of economic as well as social changes in this era of globalization. In our state-of-the-art classrooms, computer and science labs, we take advantage of our superb IT-infrastructure in every possible aspect of the learning experience to provide an innovative and up-to-date education in science, math and computers.
3. Co-Curricular Emphasis on Visual and Performing Arts Program
APIS is committed to providing an extensive visual and performing Arts Program. In order to help our students explore their talents and develop them further, we have, for example, dedicated music rooms and practice studios and offer a wide rage of instrumental music instructions by a truly exceptional group of faculty members.
4. Spiritual Emphasis: A Loving and Caring Educational Environment Rooted in the Christian Faith
With its foundation deeply rooted in the Christian faith, APIS strives to provide a truly loving and caring environment where students of Christian faith and students from all religious and cultural background can be nurtured together to achieve their fullest intellectual and personal development.