The Howard School educates students with language-based learning disabilities and learning differences through instruction designed to complement and address each student’s individual needs, and to help each student understand and advocate for his or her own learning process. The curriculum focuses on depth of understanding to make learning meaningful and therefore, maximize educational success.
Position Purpose: Manager of $14.3 million Capital Campaign to build a new, state-of-the-art High School on a 15.25-acre midtown Atlanta campus. Manager must understand and relate The Howard School’s mission and internal culture to major donors. Candidate will demonstrate understanding and have a proven track record of campaign dynamics and needs in all phases: prospect research, record keeping, cultivation, solicitation, follow-up, closure of major gifts and donor recognition. Manager will be able to call on major donors with Head of School or trustees. Support from existing Development Office staff and administration, including Head of School, who is the chief solicitor.
The Capital Campaign Manager will work closely with the Head of School, Director of Development and Capital Campaign Committee to help keep the Campaign on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum, engendering a sense of excitement, optimism and confidence in achieving the Campaign goal.
- Works with the Head of School, Capital Campaign Committee and Director of Development to develop a fund-raising strategy to achieve Campaign goals.
- Conducts prospect research to identify prospective donors and gather information about both new prospects and current donors.
- Clears donor contact through the Director of Development to ensure that Campaign contact has no conflict with Annual Fund, Financial Aid or other fundraising and/or volunteer efforts.
- Develops, plans and executes Campaign-related events.
- Working with the Campaign Committee, develops and executes a donor communication plan.
- Works with the Head of School, Director of Development and Administrative Assistant to schedule and execute meetings with prospective donors.
- Assists the Head of School, Director of Development and other Campaign leaders in maintaining momentum for arranging meetings with donors, suggesting possible meetings and engagement opportunities.
- Works with the Head of School, Director of Development, Administrative Assistant and Campaign leaders to schedule Committee meetings, overseeing the preparation of necessary materials for distribution at the meetings, and the follow-up with Committee members on assigned tasks.
- Coordinates other meeting follow-up with the Administrative Assistant, providing notes for the Head of School, Director of Development and Campaign leadership.
- Oversees the design, preparation and distribution of campaign reports and records.
- Working with the Capital Campaign Administrative Assistant, ensures that every Campaign gift and pledge is managed seamlessly so that the donor is officially thanked within 48 hours of receiving the gift, and thanked again by other members of the Campaign team.
- Develops and oversees the maintenance of Campaign progress to date.
- Works with the Campaign leadership and staff to develop and execute a public relations/communications plan to keep the Campaign in the public’s eye and to maintain its momentum.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.