The Washington School for Girls
The Washington School for Girls is an all-scholarship, independent Catholic school located in the Anacostia neighborhood of Washington, DC. Our mission is to close the educational gap and broaden educational opportunities for girls from economically disadvantaged communities and to form them in the spirit of faith, purpose, and excellence. We are seeking a dynamic and mission-minded leader to succeed our co-founder, Sister Mary Bourdon, RJM, who will step down as President in June 2017.
The President is responsible for achieving the school’s vision and mission by providing strategic leadership and daily management of all aspects of the school’s people, programs, and systems. The President oversees the offices of the Principal, Graduate Support, Development, and Finance and works closely with the Board of Trustees and other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated passion for WSG’s mission and a personal commitment to embodying the school’s values. The top candidate must bring extensive leadership and management experience in a nonprofit or school setting and extensive fundraising and partnership development experience.
- Embrace and model the fundamental values of the school’s mission and ensure these characteristics are consistently applied across all school programming and decision-making.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to ensure the academic, religious, and co-curricular programs meet the needs of the students and are aligned with the school’s mission and values.
Organization and Operational Leadership
- Manage the day-to-day business affairs and promote a culture of excellence in all areas of the school, achieving all academic, financial, and operational objectives.
- Ensure organizational policies are clear, consistent, and aligned with the school’s mission and values. Comply with all applicable state, federal, and local laws.
- Develop clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all staff; support their professional development.
- Lead strategic and financial planning to support the school’s long-term sustainability.
Relationship Management and Fundraising
- Cultivate strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including faculty, staff, Board, and partners that support and enhance the school’s mission and financial sustainability.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson of the school and actively develop new strategic partnerships.
- Establish an annual and long-term fundraising strategy; work in close collaboration with the Board and development staff to successfully achieve funding goals.
- Engage regularly with Board members to ensure alignment and effective governance related to critical decisions.
More about The Washington School for Girls
The Washington School for Girls was founded in the spirit of three courageous women and seeks to form our students in the spirit of faith, courage and excellence to become women free to witness these values in their lives of service to others. We provide an excellent academic program and supportive environment that engages families and the community in the social, emotional, and spiritual growth of our students and graduates. Our strength is our commitment to each student and our belief in her gifts, talents, and potential. Our promise is that from such an experience will emerge young women of competence, compassion and commitment to leadership in their families and communities. To learn more, please visit www.wsgdc.org.