To provide instruction that is attentive to individual student's academic, social, and emotional needs.
1. Record and maintain school, classroom, and students' information such as attendance, student files, referral information, progress reports, lesson plans, curriculum development, etc.
2. Attend and participate in departmental/division meetings, planning projects, activities, and school related evening and weekend programs.
3. Be responsible for the arrangement and storage of materials, equipment, and supplies. Observe, report, and take immediate action to ensure the prevention and elimination of safety hazards throughout the building and grounds. Prepare daily and weekly lesson plans in a manner that is responsive to school's philosophy; and in team or grade level planning.
4. Establish and maintain a positive learning environment that reflects the schools philosophy.
5. Refer students, when necessary, following school procedures.
6. Communicate with parents and professional staff on a regular basis.
7. Be responsible for following curriculum guidelines to include re-mediating, developing, and enriching computer based learning experiences.
8. Integrate technology into the teaching-learning process.
9. Maintain proper discipline and assist students in developing self-discipline and a sense of responsibility.
10. Establish a humanistic, systematic classroom code of conduct.
11. Participate in arrival/dismissal, playground, and lunchroom supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Director.