The Director of Admissions is responsible for all aspects of enrollment management, admission, recruitment, and financial aid. The Director monitors and assesses the efficacy of all admissions and enrollment initiatives and aligns them to best achieve the enrollment goals set by the Head of School and Board of Trustees. The Director reports to the Head of School and is a key member of the school’s Administration. This is a full-time position.
The Director of Admissions must be focused, energetic, and success-oriented; have strong time management and organizational skills; have outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills; and be able to establish and maintain collegial relationships among all school constituents. Interested in education and the personal advancement of students, candidates should be able to assume a multifaceted role, multitask in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines, and maintain a high level of energy and strong initiative.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Direct the enrollment process from inquiry to enrollment.
- Conduct applicant interviews and manage family visits to campus.
- Provide admission and retention data to all institutional partners; write monthly reports for the Board of Trustees; monitor admissions, marketing, financial aid, demographic, and other important trends; and present this information to the Administration team and Board of Trustees.
- Plan and run admission events on campus and overseas.
- Actively communicate with prospects and referral sources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with overseas agents and educational consultants who refer students to the school.
- Travel internationally to recruit residential students.
- Develop and execute annual marketing plan.
- Manage admissions office budget.
- Supervise one part-time position, which is focused primarily on day student admissions.
- Serve as the PDSO for SEVIS.
- Represent the school at conferences.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications on the development of marketing materials, including videos, view books, and the school website.
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of admission experience in an independent school, including managing financial aid, working with international agents, and a solid understanding of the recruitment cycle. He or she is capable of setting strategies into motion to meet annual recruitment goals.
Experience at a school with a residential program a plus. Strong technical skills such as mastery of Microsoft Office, Excel, and admission database systems. A Bachelors degree is required.
This is a 12-month full-time salaried position. The appointment begins on July 1, 2017; an earlier start date might be available for an interested candidate.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resumé, and letters of reference to Ms. Gail Strehan, Executive Assistant, George Stevens Academy, 23 Union Street, Blue Hill, ME 04614 or email to email@example.com.