St. Catherine's School is expanding its superior student-centered college counseling program and seeks to hire a dynamic and innovative Co-Director of College Counseling to begin work in the 2017-18 school year. As St. Catherine’s is the largest age 3 to grade 12 all-girls’ day school in the United States, we desire a Co-Director who will represent St. Catherine’s in the field regionally, nationally, and internationally. The Co-Director will continue the program’s history of excellence by providing a customized experience for girls and families, rooting the program in current research on child development and developing a network of resources to benefit the St. Catherine’s community. The ideal candidate will guide students and parents through the complex college search and application process in a competitive independent school environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to think independently and collaborate
- Articulate a vision for the program and implement its execution
- Command excellent speaking, writing, and organizational skills
- Meet deadlines, create engaging programs, and organize teams
- Build strong interpersonal relationships that have a lasting impact on the lives of our alumnae and families
- Provide a personalized approach to counseling and expertise that inspires students’ aspirations for their future
- Share knowledge and resources in college and university communities while keeping current on college admission trends
- Enhance the communications, publications, and programming at St. Catherine’s, in the Richmond community, and beyond
Highlights of the St. Catherine’s School College Counseling Program:
- Successful college admission to over 200 colleges and universities in the past 5 years, including the nation’s most prestigious academic institutions
- National level student recognition in distinguished college honors and scholarship programs
- More than 60 AP Scholars per year
- Numerous athletic recruitment commitments each year
St. Catherine's School is an Episcopal day school in Richmond, Virginia, founded in 1890 and enrolling 977 girls in age 3 to grade 12. Located on a 16-acre campus in the western part of the city, St. Catherine's Core Values include pursuing academic excellence, developing character, nurturing spiritual growth, celebrating individuals, and building community.
St. Catherine’s School offers a highly competitive compensation package for this 12-month position with benefits to include excellent health plan options, retirement benefits, exhaustive professional development and networking opportunities as well as state-of-the art facilities.
St. Catherine's School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its hiring practices.
Interested candidates should apply at www.st.catherines.org or follow the link Apply Here.