St. ANNE SCHOOL
St. Anne School, a private Catholic School in Laguna Niguel, is seeking exceptional Daycare Assistant for all grades. We are looking for a talented, energetic, hard-working, team player to join our strong faculty.
Part time, Hours: 17.5 hours per week; 3.5 hours per 5 days of 2:30 pm- 6:00 pm.
- Acts as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Supports the philosophy, policies, goals of the School, as well as the decisions made by Board of Directors and Administrators.
- Insures the health, safety and welfare of all students.
- Holds in strict confidence all matters pertaining to School.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook and Employee Handbook.
- Attend faculty and administrative meetings as needed.
The Daycare assistant will be responsible for watching over kids in the Daycare.
- Set a good example according to daycare objectives.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Supervises daily lunch duty.
- Planning and implementing activities for daycare is also required of assistants.
- PARTICIPATE in all activities with your students.
- Encourage and facilitate your kid’s participation in all activities by implementing appropriate strategies, such as visual structure and reinforcement.
- Maintains Preschool & Daycare room + hallway including updating bulletin boards with children’s Art and or projects, etc.
- At the conclusion of the activity or day, counselors are expected to handle clean up.
- All counselors will share and rotate responsibilities.
- Overseeing student check in, sign-out.
- Care for sick students when nurse or Daycare director is not available.
- Performs clerical tasks such as filing, typing, photocopying, collating and distributing materials
- Maintain Preschool Daycare Nurse station
- Make sure all equipment and supplies are ready and set-up for activities in advance.
- Document incidents with daycare assistants, parents, and or students
- Summer Camp duties as assigned
- Filing when needed.
- All other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard daycare/classroom setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Hours: Ten-month, Part time hourly non-exempt employee, working afternoons
Reports to: Director of Extended Daycare
This is a Part time hourly non-exempt position. Pay begins at $12 per hour and increases commensurate with experience and education. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to the Director of Human Resources, Melissa Vergara at email@example.com.