EARLY CHILDHOOD DIVISION DIRECTOR
The Green Vale School is a co-educational, independent day school (PN-8) located on a beautiful 40 acre campus on the North Shore of Long Island. Approximately 25 miles from New York City, Green Vale has served families in surrounding suburban communities almost 100 years. While responsive to the best in current educational practices, Green Vale continues to believe in the value of a traditional liberal arts education. The School’s mission emphasizes academic excellence and keen attention is paid to the development of the whole child.
The Early Childhood division (PN-K) is committed to a child-centered philosophy which promotes learning through creativity, and play. This foundation is one that fosters individualized intellectual growth, curiosity and a love of school.
Green Vale is a confident, caring and dynamic educational community with a committed faculty, experienced administrative team (average tenure 17 years) , and supportive Board.
The School seeks an experienced, dynamic candidate who will provide inspiring leadership, as well as counsel, direction, and support to young parents, children, and faculty. Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Strong teaching and administrative experience in early childhood education
- A collaborative administrative style
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Successful teaching and leadership experience in Early Childhood Education
- Integrity, energy, and a sense of humor
- Effective decision-making skills
- A passion for work with young children, faculty, and young parents
- Knowledge of curricular and developmental issues related to young children
- Willingness to engage in a hands-on manner in classrooms
Please send cover letter, statement of purpose and resume to Linda Gardiner, Lower School Director and Assistant Head of School: email@example.com