The Branson School inspires excellence in a nurturing, vibrant educational community based on personal and intellectual integrity. At the heart of Branson is the trusting, dynamic relationship between dedicated teachers and students. An academically exceptional high school located in Marin County, CA, Branson provides a stimulating and communal work environment that encourages creativity and collaboration.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and researching account issues for compliance. The person in this role must also develop, document, and implement internal controls that result in accurate reporting of financial transactions and reports. He or she is expected to use hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles to perform complex accounting tasks and financial analyses.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all monthly transactions (AP, Payroll & other regular monthly Journal Entries) are posted in the general ledger to facilitate the monthly closing of the books within month-end close schedule.
- Perform all account reconciliations as part of month-end close schedule. This includes cash, fixed assets, account receivables, accounts payable, debt schedules, etc.
- Reconcile assigned General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Support the Business Office by researching expense inquiries and preparing reclasses, as needed.
- Support the Controller in the development and presentation of the annual budget.
- Distribute the monthly budget vs actual comparison reports to all department heads and respond to their queries in a timely manner.
- Summarize financial status by collecting information, preparing trial balances, and reconciling entries.
- Develop and optimize accounting related workflows to identify redundancies and create efficiencies.
- Assist in the annual financial audit by recording all accruals, reconciling the general ledger reconciliations, providing support for requested transactions, and supporting the Controller with additional ad hoc requests for the audit.