The St. Anne School Library Assistant is responsible for supporting the librarian in the day to day functions of the library. The duties of the St. Anne School Library Assistant will include, but not be restricted to, those listed below.
- Acts as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Supports the philosophy, policies and goals of the School, as well as the decisions made by the Board of Directors and Administrators.
- Insures the health, safety and welfare of all students.
- Holds in strict confidence all matters pertaining to the School.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook and Employee Handbook.
- Attends faculty and administrative meetings as needed.
- Circulation of library/textbook/asset materials
- Check-in, Check-out, Renew, Holds (including notifying patrons of ready holds)
- Book shelving
- Coverage the library desk during lunch, class times, and meetings
- Workbook/Novel/Planner sales
- Assess library and textbook fines
- Support students in finding and checking out books
- Filing of library records
- Independently process new library/textbook/asset orders based on a checklist
- Run reports of overdue materials and send notices for billing
- Manage the Birthday Book donations including printing the book plates
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Hours: Part time, hourly non-exempt employee
Reports to: Librarian
This is a part time hourly non-exempt position. Pay begins at $12 per hour. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to the Director of Human Resources, Melissa Vergara at firstname.lastname@example.org.