We are seeking candidates who:
- have experience teaching math at all levels of student ability (including algebra, trigonometry, and geometry),
- demonstrate evident passion about the subject matter and interest in partnering with other educators to create interdisciplinary learning experiences for students,
- hold high expectations for all students and communicate these expectations clearly and regularly,
- highly value an emphasis on intra- and interdisciplinary writing skills,
- are able and willing to teach middle and upper school students where possible or necessary,
- understand and are sensitive to adolescent challenges,
- treat students equitably, are sincerely interested in them as individuals, and respond to their needs,
- think broadly and creatively about student-centered learning,
- create challenging, engaging, and level-appropriate student assessments,
- return student work in a timely manner with comprehensive feedback,
- demonstrate an active commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusion,
- are interested in working in continuous collaboration with students, educators, and families,
- demonstrate both mastery and continual learning in math,
- are able to collaborate to scope and sequence student learning experiences,
- respond to evaluations from supervisors and students professionally and constructively
- possess excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills,
- are willing to be an active, enthusiastic contributor to Thaden School,
- embody Thaden School’s mission and model positive habits for the community,
- embrace the pioneering spirit necessary to creating and sustaining a positive school culture.
Preferred qualifications include a master’s degree.
Applications should include a cover letter including a statement of philosophy, a résumé, and a sample of a class assignment and should be sent to Ariel Rife (firstname.lastname@example.org). The start date is negotiable, but must be no later than July 24th, 2017. (Thaden School classes launch on August 14th, 2017.)
Pre?employment background screening is required for all positions.