- Experience with teaching technology in schools and interest in working with the latest technologies
- At least two years full-time teaching experience in public or independent schools
- Ability to commit to integrated curriculum
- Strong skills in elementary education, including meeting the social and emotional needs of children
- Commitment to diversity, collegiality, curriculum design, anecdotal record keeping, portfolio development, documentation and transdisciplinary teaching
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent degree or educational qualification from an accredited college or university
- Experience working with iPads in the classroom or working in another type of 1:1 environment
- Experience with one or more of the following: Design thinking, Digital citizenship, Digital media, Game design, Maker projects, Media production, Programming, and/or Robotics
- Experience with the IB Primary Years Program
- Demonstrate knowledge of content units and a wide range of instructional pedagogies,
- Apply knowledge of varied approaches to learning in instruction, lesson planning, and assessment.
- Communicate with parents as appropriate, about the instructional program, student progress, both academic and developmental.
- Ability to contribute positively to the community with patience and humor
Dwight is an International Baccalaureate School. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the heading “Lower School Technology Teacher.”
Dwight School’s goal is to achieve and maintain equal employment opportunities. It is also the policy of Dwight School to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regards to any term or condition of employment.