Middle School Mathematics Teacher
Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for a middle school mathematics teacher starting in late August 2017.
The Math Teacher position, reporting to the Middle School Math Department Head and the Middle School Director, will join a department consisting of 6 faculty members. Specific responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Teach 4 sections of math in 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grades as needed. The class size is 17–18 students;
- Provide academic support for students outside of class time (answering homework questions, providing extra help, etc.), as needed;
- Collaborate and actively participate in the work of the Math Department on innovative curriculum development, pedagogy, and assessment;
- Attend department and faculty meetings as scheduled;
- Act as an advisor or co-advisor to eight 6th or 7th grade students and serving on a grade-level team;
- Participate in the life of the school community including outdoor trips, field trips, and service learning activities; and
- Coach the math team (including attending occasional competitions).
Compensation and Benefits
Lakeside School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding faculty candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, economic and gender diversity of our school community. We provide a competitive compensation package which includes, but is not limited to, a monthly salary, excellent health and welfare benefits, access to funds for professional development, housing down payment assistance program, and school-provided lunches. Additionally, Lakeside offers faculty and staff opportunities to participate in non-classroom teaching programs such as Global Service Learning, Summer School, coaching, etc., for extra compensation.
Lakeside School was founded in 1919, and currently enrolls 851 students in grades 5 through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The School’s Mission and shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history via the online application located on Lakeside’s website (www.lakesideschool.org). From the home page chose About US / Careers / View and Apply for Available Jobs. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Lakeside School is an equal opportunity employer seeking to diversify its workplace.