Calculus Teacher – Upper School
Long Term Substitute Position (Part Time)
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for an upper school calculus teacher while the current calculus teacher is on leave. This long term substitute assignment will either be .75 or 1.0 FTE beginning in late February or early March 2017 and continuing for approximately six to eight weeks.
The calculus teacher, reporting to the Upper School Math Department Head, will join a highly collaborative department. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Teach three sections of Honors Calculus BC and one section of Honors Multivariable Calculus;
- Provide academic support for students outside of class time (answering homework questions, providing extra help, etc.), as needed;
- Plan lessons, design and grade assessments and write paragraph comments about each student for their families at the midterm marking period;
- Active collaboration and participation in the work of the Math Department on innovative curriculum development, pedagogy, and assessment;
- Attend department and faculty meetings as scheduled; and
- Active participation in the life of the school community.
Compensation and Benefits
Lakeside School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding faculty candidates who will add to the racial, cultural and gender diversity of our school community. Our long term substitute compensation rates are as follows. This position will be paid depending on the length of the actual assignment.
- Substitutes for longer-term leaves or unexpected vacancies will be compensated according to their salary step if they will be working full time for at least six consecutive weeks. Benefits for substitutes working less than .50 FTE on an annualized basis will be limited to FICA, workers’ compensation insurance, and lunch.
- Substitutes working less than six consecutive weeks are paid $165/day for the same assignment lasting longer than 15 days.
Lakeside School was founded in 1919, and currently enrolls 851 students in grades 5 through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The School’s Mission and shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history via the online application located on Lakeside’s website (www.lakesideschool.org). From the home page chose About US / Careers / View and Apply for Available Jobs. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Lakeside School is an equal opportunity employer seeking to diversify its workplace.