KnowledgeLink (KL) intends to transform education, so that every student globally will have unlimited access to educational opportunity. KL’s mission is to increase access to educational opportunity by providing students from around the world with the academic and cross-cultural preparation that will enable them to fulfill their aspirations of pursuing higher education and professional careers on a global scale.
To achieve our mission, KL partners with fully accredited US independent schools to establish, grow and operate branch campuses and international schools abroad. Part of our work involves hiring and working with teachers who are at the forefront of innovating and expanding education globally. KL values students first and our programs are established with the goal to mature into longstanding, reputable academic institutions.
KnowledgeLink (KL) teaching positions are for motivated and experienced K-12 educators looking to join a growing network of schools, administrators, educators and communities dedicated to growing and shaping international education. Through our partnerships with reputable US and overseas institutions and through our independently operated KL schools, the KL network provides opportunities for a diverse range of teachers to deliver US based coursework in a college-preparatory English-medium environment. Teachers are guided by a local and regional administrative team and enjoy professional development opportunities both within the school and in the greater KL network of schools. In addition to the supportive environment and professional development opportunities, KL also offers one of the best benefits package for teachers working in China, with health insurance, airfare, and 401K options. To top it off, KL offers US residents salary paid in USD, allowing you to save at home and alleviate the worry of your return.
The science teacher position is offered at the branch campus of St. Mary's School, an independent co-educational school with 151 years of history located in Medford, Oregon, USA. Students take coursework in English and classes are led by international teachers. While there is a strong American science curriculum in place to guide you and provide frameworks for your lessons, teachers also design daily lesson plans and manage the classroom as they would in a typical US classroom.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Communicate with parents
- Collaborate with school administrators and peer teachers
- Participate in curriculum and professional development sessions
- Assist and coordinate activities and events inside and outside of school
The partnership schools are co-operated by the St. Mary's School and their overseas school partner. The academics of the program is administered by the Head of School from Frank Phillips, who works directly with the Academic Dean or Principal located at those campuses to ensure the quality of education.
To find out more about KL network school locations and the cities they are in, please visit our website at: www.kleducation.org
- Locations in General: KL programs are located across mainland China and we have recently opened programs in Korea.
Teaching Job Benefits
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing or a housing allowance
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking-distance to your school or a housing allowance based on the cost of living in that area
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by company
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
Additional Benefits: 401K options, Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities within the KL network.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KL teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.