The Director of Auxiliary Programs is responsible for all aspects of planning, operating and assessing the auxiliary programs which serve over 1000 students, including the Packer Summer Camp, the Packer Plus After-School Program, and the rental/use of the School’s facilities. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The Director will be evaluated annually on various metrics, including, but not limited to the level of participation in the programs, quality of customer service and satisfaction and the income generated. The faculty and staff of the after school and summer programs will report directly to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
After School and Summer Programs
- Oversee the curriculum for the after school and summer programs, including academic, athletic, extracurricular, and other activities that support Packer’s mission.
- Develop new program offerings to meet student and parent interest and generate additional revenue.
- Ensure an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the children enrolled.
- Create, maintain, and communicate all records, as required by the School, State and or/Federal agencies and professional associations.
- Supervise and evaluate the services of teaching and other staff and counselors.
- Monitor all programs for safety and health compliance.
- Oversee all operations of the programs, and be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment on all matters of significance.
- Communicate effectively with the parents of after school and summer program students.
- Work with the Director of Communications on marketing the various programs.
- Work closely with the Directors of Admissions to leverage the after school and summer programs as recruiting and retention tools.
- Partner with the Chief Financial Officer to develop a budget and to ensure the profitability of the programs.
- Prepare summary reports for the School leadership and Trustees.
- Work with a designated individual within the Athletic Department to evaluate and schedule rental of athletic facilities.
- Work with other members of the Packer community regarding use of the facilities for birthday parties and other functions.
- Coordinate all outside rentals/functions so there is no conflict with the School calendar.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a similar position that involves teaching, program leadership and direct supervision for after school and summer programs.
- An entrepreneurial orientation to think beyond what currently exists and to provide vision and direction to enhance and expand the program and increase revenue.
- Experience in creating and marketing auxiliary programs.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with students, parents, administrators, faculty and other school personnel and to relate well with program staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
Packer is deeply committed to diversity and an inclusive curriculum and community. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, and beliefs.
Please send cover letter and resume to hr@Packer.edu with "Auxiliary" in the subject line of the e-mail.