St. David’s School in Raleigh, NC seeks a dynamic educator to lead our Middle School division of over 200 students. The Division Head reports to the Headmaster and is an integral part of the school’s leadership team with responsibility for driving administrative and academic leadership, spearheading student life, and ensuring discipline. Additional details regarding these responsibilities are included below.
- Purposefully integrate the school’s mission (faith, virtue, knowledge) among all activities of the division
- Collaborate among various constituents to identify initiatives that drive excellence according to the school’s mission
- Market and communicate the division’s programs and expectations to all constituencies
- Lead faculty to create inspiring and age appropriate learning environments with clear expectations of classwork and homework among students, faculty, and parents
- Systematically evaluate faculty and identify professional development opportunities
- Provide for the academic guidance of students by managing academic policies and means of assessment, maintaining academic records, and overseeing grading and reporting standards
- Oversee the coordination of co-curricular opportunities
- Ensure the safety of faculty and students
- Establish guidelines and accountability measures for proper student conduct and citizenship
St. David’s is an independent school in the Episcopal school tradition that prepares young men and women for college and life by challenging them to excel in the vital areas of faith, virtue, and knowledge. Through a commitment to academic excellence, St. David’s empowers students to take ownership of their learning and make a positive impact on their community. Members of the faculty are committed to the life of the mind and enjoy learning, together.
The ideal candidate will be a model of servant-leadership while partnering with faculty, staff and the headmaster to fulfill the mission of the school. Preferred candidates will possess a minimum of 5 to 10 years of teaching and administrative experience, ideally in an independent school environment.
The position begins in July 2017. Salary and benefits are competitive, classes are small, and the environment is collegial. All candidates are encouraged to visit St. David’s School website, www.sdsw.org
, to learn more about the mission and vision of the school. Interested applicants should email a cover letter, employment application
and resume to Leigh Stallings, Executive Assistant to the Headmaster, at LStallings@sdsw.org