King School is an independent, college preparatory day school serving students from Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12. We are a diverse, vibrant learning community dedicated to educational excellence and the fullest academic and personal achievement of our students.
Job Title – Leadership Giving and Donor Relations Officer
Division – Development
Reports to – Director of Development
In support of ongoing major gifts activities and in preparation for our next campaign, King School seeks a Leadership Giving Officer to inform, engage, and select a portfolio of prospective donors capable of leadership gifts of $50,000 to $1,000,000+. Under the general direction of the Director of Development, Head of School and Board of Trustees, the Leadership Giving Officer is responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of a major gifts program that will result in the generation of major gift support, including planned gifts, from individuals for school priorities. This position is also responsible to oversee King’s donor relations strategies, specifically to ensure that donors experience high-quality interactions with King in order to foster long term engagement and investment. Travel, including overnights, is a component of this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports board members and volunteer teams focused on specific capital and endowment fundraising initiatives - with strategy, organizational systems, information, and moves management steps.
- Works strategically with the development team and board to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects/donors who have the ability to execute a major gift or major planned gift.
- Develops detailed gift opportunities tailored to the interests of potential major gift and capital campaign prospects/donors consistent with the needs and priorities of the school.
- Manages a portfolio of prospective donors with a minimum capacity of $50,000 and the research, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process for assigned individuals.
- Conducts asks and closes solicitations in partnership with board members, and school leaders.
- Assesses, engages, and inspires prospective donors to give to major gifts initiatives or to the priorities identified for King’s next campaign.
- Formulates individualized solicitation strategies for major planned giving. In consultation with donor's advisers, provides donors with information regarding bequests and life income gifts.
- Works closely with the Development Services Manager to develop written proposals and strategy memos for major gift prospects.
- Designs, implements and coordinates a school wide comprehensive donor relations program amongst all constituencies that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
- Educates constituents on how their gifts will be used and build amongst our constituents the understanding that their financial and volunteer support of the school and its people is expected.
- Prepares monthly campaign status reports and statements/documents on pledge collection and status.
- Manages a highly personalized pledge collection process.
Writes, implements, monitors and evaluates an annual workplan to include at least 4-5 major goals, measurable objectives and methods to evaluate outcomes as related to major gifts at King.