Head of Middle School - North Shore Country Day School (Winnetka, Illinois)
North Shore Country Day School, a Junior Kindergarten-12 independent school near Chicago, seeks a new Head of Middle School for the 2017-2018 Academic Year. North Shore is eager to consider applications from groups traditionally underrepresented in independent school communities.
The Head of Middle School leads a dynamic community composed of 20 faculty and staff, 125 sixth - eighth grade students and an involved parent community. Additionally, he or she is a member of the school’s administrative leadership team, a key contributor to fostering and creating connections across our JK-12 community, and a direct report to the Head of School.
We seek candidates with the following experiences, skills, talents and commitments –
- a deep understanding of adolescence and the development of adolescents as both students and human beings
- a willingness to think creatively and inspire and encourage innovative programming/curricular development
- the ability and commitment to inspire, guide, develop and support a talented and dedicated faculty
- strong academic credentials, with a preference for individuals with advanced degrees in education administration, educational leadership, teaching or other related areas
- a strong career trajectory that includes both classroom teaching and administrative responsibilities at schools with similar educational philosophies and missions
- evidence of modeling life-long learning, advocacy for students, and commitment to equity and justice and multi-cultural curriculum development
- experience in guiding and working with parents and/or a parent body
- exceptional skills as a speaker, writer and listener
Interested individuals are asked to submit the following documents in order to support their candidacy –
- a cover letter detailing their qualifications for the position and their interest in this specific role at North Shore Country Day School
- a separate statement of educational philosophy
- a current resume
- a list of professional references with current institutional affiliations, titles and contact information
Please forward these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Shore offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience. Additionally, North Shore provides an excellent employee benefits program, including health and retirement benefits, tuition support for children’s attendance at North Shore, and professional development funding to support summer study, attendance at conferences/workshops, travel, and advanced degree work.
For more information about North Shore Country Day School and the opportunities available for members of our faculty, please go to www.nscds.org/careers. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
North Shore Country Day School is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. North Shore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.