Position: Advancement Assistant for Research and Support
Description: Advancement Assistant for Research and Support
Full Time (nonexempt, hourly)
Wildwood School, Los Angeles, CA
Wildwood School is a preeminent, progressive coed, college-preparatory day school in West Los Angeles serving 700 students from kindergarten through 12th grade on two campuses. The school is seeking a collaborative Advancement Assistant to join a fast-paced, dynamic, nine-person Advancement Department.
The Advancement Assistant for Research and Support reports to the Director of Development, and works closely with the wider advancement team. This person is responsible for advancement-related research, as well as provides operational support to the department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain detailed biographical reports within the advancement CRM database; The Raiser’s Edge
- Regularly import relevant institutional and extracurricular information into constituent records to continually broaden the scope of information available
- Use a range of online research tools, social media, and other resources to build and update comprehensive constituent profiles
- Assist with monthly financial reconciliation for department income and expenses as well as gift entry assistance
- Other Responsibilities will include: General office duties, facilitating arrangements for meetings, assisting with mailings and other ad hoc projects, maintaining a department calendar of important dates and action items, and other support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years professional research experience, preferably in an academic or non-profit setting
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM database
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to initiate and complete multiple tasks on time with competing priorities and deadlines
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders within the school community, maintaining appropriate professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel and social media tools required
- Knowledge of and experience in an independent school preferred
- A commitment to, and enthusiasm for, Wildwood’s mission, vision, and case for support
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, salary history, current resume, and related documents via email to email@example.com. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Comprehensive benefits offered, salary commensurate with experience. Please include in subject line “Research and Support.”
To learn more about Wildwood School, visit our website at www.wildwood.org.
Wildwood School is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
Joshua Fawcett firstname.lastname@example.org