Founded in 1864, Peddie School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school of 550 students, grades 9 through post-graduate. It is primarily a boarding school, with 65 percent of students and 90 percent of the faculty living on campus. In addition to its engaged and accomplished student body, Peddie’s extraordinary resources include the highly professional, collaborative and dedicated faculty, its innovative and rigorous curriculum and an attractive, modern 280-acre campus located midway between New York City and Philadelphia. Thanks to the generosity of Ambassador Walter H. Annenberg ’27 and other donors, Peddie ranks among the most highly endowed independent schools in the nation. Its $300 million endowment enables the school to offer more than $6 million in financial aid to 40 percent of the student body. This is an exciting time at Peddie under the leadership of Headmaster Peter Quinn, who alongside Assistant Head for Development Melissa von Stade, is preparing for a comprehensive capital campaign.
Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, the Development Operations Coordinator will play an integral role in the overall maintenance of The Raiser’s Edge database at this highly respected private secondary school. Areas of responsibilities include maintaining database integrity, processing donations, running daily and weekly reports and proactively identifying areas requiring clean up within the database. The position requires working closely and collaboratively with all members of the Alumni and Development office, the Business office and the school's stock broker. The Development Operations Coordinator is also one of several members of the department responsible for answering phones for the office.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Processing all donations and event registrations in an accurate and timely manner
- Reconciling gift entry and batch gifts for deposit by Business office
- Running daily cleanup queries and generating receipts, acknowledgements, pledge reminders and envelopes
- Maintaining accuracy while updating or creating constituent records
- Running daily and weekly reports using canned and custom reports
- Coordinating audit reports for Business office
- Producing basic queries and exports for lists
- Processing credit card donations onsite during special events (occasional evenings and weekends)
- Working on cleanups required for preparing Annual Report
- Taking the lead in bringing in new parent and student information from Senior Systems
- Assisting Director of Development Operations as needed on special projects