All Saints’ Day School (www.asds.org), an outstanding independent coeducational day school in enviable Carmel, California, places an emphasis on academic excellence with a spirit of social responsibility. Located on a gorgeous and spacious campus nestled in Carmel Valley and serving 165 students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight, students of all ages exchange ideas and explore ethics as they define their attitudes and values.
In keeping with our Episcopal tradition, All Saints’ teaches, prepares and inspires children to go forward and transform the world. We aspire to national prominence as a leader for advancing innovation in teaching and learning.
Our Core Beliefs
- A skills-driven academic curriculum best serves each child when designed and implemented by dynamic educators empowered with the professional freedom to focus on preparing our students for 21st Century citizenship and leadership.
- A focus on the whole child means each one’s personal, emotional and social well being is cultivated, supported, challenged and nurtured through community outreach and service-oriented learning that develops and fosters strong connections to the community in which we live.
- Embedded Character development as found in a formal curriculum and embodied in a nurturing, positive and encouraging learning environment teaches children responsibility, resilience, persistence, empathy towards others and age-appropriate ways to think about more than simply themselves.
- Relationship-centered teaching is the heart of a transformative school experience. Children thrive in a learning environment characterized by mutually supportive, suitably participative, and collaborative family-teacher partnerships.
- Children should be children. A school environment that is countercultural to societal influences that blur the boundaries of what is age-appropriate allows children to grow without being forced to adulthood.
- Love of God, neighbor and self leads us to value the spirituality of each person. We recognize that spirituality influences our personal choices and growth and leads us to authentic relationships on all levels as we interact with people and with the planet.
The school has built a reputation for academic rigor and character development and is marked by a positive culture. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campus.
All Saints’ seeks an energetic, innovation-minded, lifelong learner of great initiative to serve as Science Team Leader. The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a contagious passion for working with middle school students and designing learning experiences that grow the skills and mindsets of scientific thinking and nurture their creative confidence.
- Possess a strong background in inquiry-based and project-based science instruction (environmental science preferred), or rich industry experience that would lend itself to the same. Experience, interest, or inclination towards Computer Science would be considered a tremendous asset.
- Integrate our campus and organic garden into the school-wide science curriculum.
- Initiate and welcome cross-curricular, team-taught projects and thematic units of study, particularly towards a robust culture of ‘STEAM’ based exploration and student-driven inquiry.
- Model and celebrate a ‘growth mindset’ through all phases of his or her daily work as a classroom educator, mentor, collaborator, instigator, and disrupter.