Fundraising Data Entry Specialist
.80 FTE, Full-Year, Non-Exempt Staff Position
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for a fundraising data entry specialist. The fundraising data entry specialist has significant responsibilities in the areas of data entry and gift processing and supports the fundraising efforts of the development and alumni relations office. The fundraising data entry specialist will report to the Development Office Systems Coordinator, in an office of development professionals responsible for Lakeside’s institutional advancement.
General responsibilities include entering and processing all gifts; as well as updating and maintaining biographical data for all constituents. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, analyze, prioritize, and enter all gifts, pledges, and payments into Millennium (Lakeside’s fundraising software).
- Maintain a consistent and very high level of accuracy in all gift processing functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Download necessary information required to process donations to Lakeside (i.e., bank reports, on-line donation reports, etc.).
- Produce various reports for all gift transmittals to the business office.
- Generate standard reports required to reconcile gift batches.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant IRS and CASE rules and regulations.
- Perform constituent record maintenance
- Update donor biographical information such as addresses, emails, attributes, names, relationships, etc.
- Add new constituent records as needed.
- Respond to donors’ inquiries or requests in a timely, professional, positive and helpful manner.
- Administer Matching Gifts and Payroll Donation programs
- Oversee completion and/or submission of corporate forms and online verifications.
- Follow up with donors/corporations as needed to fulfill matching gift(s).
- Record and reconcile monthly payroll deductions(s) in conjunction with the payroll specialist in the business office.
- Follow up with employees as needed if discrepancies are identified in the payroll process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous experience in data entry and record processing.
- Experience in development work and/or accounting will be an advantage.
- Experience on a PC platform using Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in administrative procedures; competence at handling significant detail and deadlines; and strong written and verbal communication a must.
- Must be highly detail- and accuracy-oriented and deadline driven.
- Must exhibit and have the ability to maintain pleasant and effective working relationships with donors, colleagues, students, parents, alumni, and volunteers.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Liberal Arts preferred.
- Be able to pass two criminal background checks.
Compensation and Benefits
Lakeside School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, economic and gender diversity of our school community. We provide a competitive compensation package which includes, but is not limited to, a monthly salary, excellent health and welfare benefits, access to funds for professional development, housing down payment assistance program, and school-provided lunches. Additionally, Lakeside offers faculty and staff opportunities to participate in non-classroom teaching programs such as Global Service Learning, Summer School, coaching, etc., for extra compensation.
Lakeside School was founded in 1919, and currently enrolls 851 students in grades 5 through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The School’s Mission and shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history via the online application located on Lakeside’s website (www.lakesideschool.org). From the home page chose About US / Careers / View and Apply for Available Jobs. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Lakeside School is an equal opportunity employer seeking to diversify its workplace.