Garrison Forest School seeks a Director of Communications to begin March 15, 2017. The Director of Communications is responsible for communication and marketing to various school constituencies and general public across a broad range of outlets and topics. A key member of the administrative Leadership Team, the Director of Communications works closely with the Head of School, each division and Advancement (Alumnae, Development and Admission) to further the goals of the school and market GFS to a broader regional, national and international audience. The Director of Communications reports to the Head of School and oversees the responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Communications. The Director of Communications directs all crisis communications and serves as Chair of the Crisis Communications Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the messaging and functionality of the Garrison Forest School website.
- Working closely with the Assistant Director of Communications, maintain a strategic presence for Garrison Forest on social media.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with faculty and campus thought-leaders to stay abreast of campus news, events and happenings.
- Manage all aspects (writing, editing, production oversight) of the annual Garrison Forest Magazine.
- Working with Admission, conceive, write and produce Admission marketing materials and manage all print, digital, broadcast and outdoor marketing.
- Oversee all publicity for school.
- Manage all aspects of print publications and direct mail.
- Conceive and produce school videos for Admission use and annual holiday cards.
- Write, edit and produce communication for the Head of School, President of the Board of Trustees and other GFS administrators and faculty.
- Develop and maintain the school archive of news items and digital images for use online, in print and on campus.
- Chair the Crisis Communications Team, writing, developing, updating and maintaining procedures and protocol for communicating in a crisis.
- Attend and staff Alumnae and Development functions, providing photography and writing and posting any news copy of the event.
- Serve as a member of the administrative Leadership Team and on the Board of Trustees’ Enrollment and Marketing Committee.
Garrison Forest School is an independent, all-girls’ day and boarding school with a coed Preschool, located in Owings Mills, Maryland, minutes northwest of Baltimore City. Founded in 1910, the school enrolls 572 students in Preschool through 12th Grade. 76% of the faculty hold advanced degrees, and 34% of the faculty have ten or more years of service at GFS. The student teacher ratio is 7:1. Garrison Forest School has been named a “Best Places to Work” by the Baltimore Sun for the last four years. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Our extensive professional development program allows faculty and staff to tackle pressing educations challenges, enhancing our academic and co-curricular program and modeling for our students the purposeful risk-taking, collaborative and creative problem solving we expect from our students. To learn more about the school’s mission, program and strategic vision, visit our website (gfs.org).
Garrison Forest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies and other school administered programs.