Reports to: Director of Development
Supervises: Database Manager
Position Summary: Manages a dynamic and comprehensive annual giving and alumni program as a key member of McLean School’s Development team. Specific responsibilities include planning, implementing, and evaluating the annual giving program which includes individual solicitations, direct mail, tele-fundraising, social media, and other online strategies, implementing a comprehensive stewardship program, data record keeping, and donor recognition for constituents. Also includes managing and strengthening McLean’s Alumni program. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations Manager carries out the following:
Essential Functions: Within the mission, policies, and procedures of McLean School, the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations Manager carries out the following functions:
- Develops a comprehensive multi-channel marketing and donor development program including acquisition, renewals, appeals, monthly giving, upgrades, and tribute gifts. Special emphasis on audience segmentation and integration of mail, email, and website solicitation.
- Develops and implements written master plan with key objectives, metrics, and calendar for all phases of annual giving including direct mailings, phone-a-thons, personal visits, and volunteer engagement.
- Coordinates solicitations, communications and events of the annual fund for current families, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents, Board of Trustees, faculty and staff and friends of McLean to maximize giving and participation. Also develops and manages programs for lapsed donors.
- Establishes, implements, monitors, and evaluates annual giving and stewardship specifically with timetables, budgets, reporting schedules, and evaluation elements - to meet goals.
- Manages the Database Manager to leverage Raiser’s Edge for analysis of key constituents and accurate reporting used to track dollars raised, participation, retention, and stewardship.
- Establishes a comprehensive acknowledgement system at various giving levels to ensure personalization and timeliness of thank you receipts and letters.
- Writes and manages fundraising materials in collaboration with the Communications & Marketing Office, including, but not limited to brochures, letters, newsletters, case documents, and correspondence.
- Builds and manages a peer-to-peer solicitation team.
- Develops and implements regular communications to contributors about how their funds are being used, recognizing specific donors or groups of donors, and informing them of ongoing giving opportunities.
- Plans and implements permanent, donor, and memorial recognition program to include defining goals, scope, location, design development, installation and dedication.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards, alumni giving; serving as liaison between the Alumni Association and the academic and administrative leadership.
- Communicates regularly with other departments to provide information about giving opportunities and respond to fundraising questions and suggestions.
- Supports the overarching goals of the Development Office by supporting events and activities of others in the department.